“MATCHLESS” Metal Bellows are manufactured from solution annealed A/SA240 321SS sheet rolled into a tube and seam welded. Multi-ply bellows can be designed and manufactured based on the application and design requirements. We carry a wide variety of materials available to design and manufacture bellows.
Metal Bellow Expansion Joints are often used to compensate for thermal expansion of hot piping systems. Review our metal expansion joint options below to choose the optimum design for your application, or contact one of our highly trained staff for assistance.
H.S. White is a Full Service Engineering Organization offering a complete range of products in the highest grades of stainless steel as well as more exotic alloys including Monel®, Inconel®, & Hastelloy®. We carry all types of Metal Bellows Type Expansion Joints, Metal Hose and Pump Connectors in a variety of configurations: Single Bellows, Universally Tied, Gimbals or Externally Pressurized.
Quality control is rigorous, and our expansion joints comply with U.S. Coast Guard requirements. Our designs incorporate the latest recommendations of the Expansion Joint Manufacturers Association and certification is also available. We can custom fabricate to your requirements.
Metal Expansion Joints & Bellows Features:
- Custom Designed and pre-engineered
- High Pressure and high temperature ratings. Exact ratings depend on the design.
- Corrugated 316 and 321 stainless steel annular metal hose liner
- Monel® and Inconel® available
- Close pitch and Open pitch designs
- With or without single or double braid cover
- Rubber cover available
- Flanged and threaded end fittings
- Designs conform to EJMA ASME Section VIII, B31.1 and B31.3
- Fittings area welded on by ASME IX certified welders
- 3D CAD modeling
- Testing options include pneumatic, hydrostatic, high-pressure gas, liquid penetrants, helium mass spectrometry, and X-ray
- Certifications available
- Very Large diameter designs available
- Made in the USA
TYPES OF METAL EXANSION JOINTS & BELLOWS
SINGLE BELLOWS EXPANSION JOINTS
Dual expansion joints are used where axial movement is larger than can be absorbed by a single expansion joint. The dual assembly consists of two single bellows connected by an interconnecting weld end.
ELBOW PRESSURE BALANCE UNITS
- Absorbs axial and/or lateral deflection
- Continuously restrains pressure force
- Creates an equal and opposite force to the working bellows
EXTERNALLY PRESSURIZED BELLOWS
- Squirm free
- Maintenance free
- Self-limiting and guiding
- Drain Connection
- Permits angular rotation in only one plane
- Uses hinge hardware and pins
- Designed to restrain pressure thrust and any extraneous forces
GIMBAL PIPE BELLOWS
- Permits angular rotation in any plane
- Uses 2 pairs of hinges
- Restrains pressure thrust and any extraneous forces
- Greater flexibility of usage